A World of Warcraft Hunter Blog...Covering the misadventures of a Blood Elf and her assortment of pets, engineering gadgets, and rantings.



Sunday, January 10, 2010

Joys of Engineering as a Hunter


Well, I've made it clear how I see engineering as a profession for hunters. Yes I know most go for leather working for the big fat 60+ AP to bracers enchant, honestly though, I never really thought it was that huge of a difference. However...Engineering? Now THAT'S a useful profession, though it's one of the most expensive and most painful to level, the gains are completely worth it. Especially as a hunter, rogue or feral druid.


Engineering is great, as a low level hunter I loved it, it was great for numerous short stuns and large amounts of damage when used in tandem with a explosive trap or Snake trap. The decoy's made my life a little easier and the Dummies just cracked me up, not to mention, could be harvested after they died. Most of the uses I found for engineering was from a lower level and in my personal opinion it always made leveling just a little easier and a little more entertaining when you could watch that explosive sheep take out a couple dudes in hillsbrad practically by itself. What always appealed to me with this as a profession was the fact I could literally blow things up. All the time, it was freaking awesome. I didn't have a mage or a warlock, being able to throw a bomb and watch things fall over was one of my little joys. I still get a kick out of dropping bombs into a group of allies in BG's and watching the numbers tick across my screen like happy little death callers. As a casual BG'er on my hunter the mining I picked up gave me Toughness after wrath. Which personally, I loved. it was a GREAT little boost, it's not a huge difference, but to a SV hunter who's stamina can affect my AP? it rocks...I mean it's like free stats for a couple hours of running around hitting things with my little pick-axe.

Now that I have that out of my system, Lets take a look at some of the upsides to this GREAT profession.

Jeeves Yeah, Jeeves...And well, any other of the awesome bots. With one of the recent patches the mats and costs to make the Scrap bots went so down, I basically can give them away. Nothing is better then farming ore, Eternals, meat or anything else you have to farm and not have to fly out of your way to get rid of the gray junk in your bags.

The Choppa!
Though this isn't really a profession specific thing...It's still completely freaking awesome, and in my eyes...worth the hours of farming to obtain.

The Arrows
or The Bullets This may seem a bit obvious, but the ease and joy in being able to make such HUGE DPS increasing ammo at literally silver a piece without the pain of finding someone willing to make you stacks and stacks and stacks of these at little to no cost? Priceless.

The Wormhole This bad boy is a lifesaver for me when I need to get back to Northrend and my hearth is on CD, or just cuts out ages of flight time. The 4h CD is a bit of a pain, though I do think the ability to scramble back to Dalaran in a heartbeat when you forgot you're raiding that night is well worth it.

No hunter worth their salt and who can correctly utilize the Feign Death ability should be without The Cables . Not only is it a defibrillator, granted it only works about half the time. It IS a raid wipe saver. One of my favorite items in game to date, just because it's literally EVERYTHING YOU EVAR NEED!

The Cloak which is probably one of the best cloak enchants out there in my opinion, given you get +23 agility (roughly 1 point of RaP for every point of Agility, plus crit) I was never very good at theory crafting or math, but lets just say for hunters...It adds up. Not to mention it's extremely versatile, has a low cooldown and is ideal for literally anything. I've seen it used to gank lowbies in Grizzly hills by parachuting and two shotting some poor druid sitting afk in flight, and it's a means for an easy escape in some BG's, disengage+ parachute= the hunter over in Gold Mine from Lumber Mill. Win

Nitro Boosts There really isn't much that needs to be said about this, it's rocket boots. +24 critical strike rating, which as a hunter. is pretty freaking huge for an enchant. Versus the agility to boots this I think is balanced out due to the ability to run like hell which things go wrong...which, inevitably. They do.

Hyper-speed Accelerators
Is actually not a bad little glove enchant, it's kinda useful if you're not haste soft capped and can be rather useful for regaining mana through the Aspect of the Viper. Granted it's not the BEST for a hunter, but it's not completely useless either.



Among a few other things that make Engineering as a hunter worth it is things like Moll-E, Sapper Charges, Bombs, Welding Kits for your Siege engines, and actually a rather amusing little thing that's probably the best item in game, just for the amusement factor. Explosive Decoy's... Yeah, they are the cutest little blown up critters there is.

It's the little things that keep me happy...


No comments:

Post a Comment